Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Things I don't like to do

I am organized, timely (too timely for my friends' liking ;-)), disciplined, independent, highly-motivated and generally have an upbeat, positive demeanor. However, there are a few things in life that I will procrastinate about until the last possible moment or change *my* plans to avoid something. You might assume that a list of things I don't like to do might wind up being a list of chores - don't get me wrong, household and other chores figure prominently - but my list also includes things that I like to do! Does that make sense?

10. I don't like going to the movies on my own... even if I really want to see a movie and no one else does, chances are that I won't go.
9. Cleaning my bathroom... who does?
8. Riding my bike across the Golden Gate Bridge - the views are stunning, but the wind, the tourists and other cyclists are too unpredictable for my liking
7. Getting a bikini wax. This is a chick *necessary evil*. It's the weirdest personal service out there. Not much talking, weird positions, embarassment... need I say more?
6. Cleaning my bike - it's real pretty and all, and deserves to be squeaky clean but...
5. Going on blind dates. They are 100% of the time a disaster. I've never had a good one!
4. Vacuuming - I don't procrastinate on this, it's more a question of it not really occurring to me to vacuum on a regular basis
3. Getting a massage. These used to be relaxing treats... ironman training has rendered them painful necessities!
2. Starting a new book. I find it stressful to begin reading a new book... I fear that I will not be able to get involved with the topic or the characters. It's also a fear of failure... I don't like "not finishing a book"!
1. Swimming - I'm not very good and I get bored staring at the bottom of the pool.

No comments: