Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Hualalai


Well, Hawaii is relaxing... I have no agenda for the week – nada - except the odd swim (which was more like turtle-viewing this morning), bike and run to keep me *limber* pre-race. Mark’s house is ridiculously nice. The layout, design and architecture of the house is thoughtful and luxurious without being ostentatious - very accommodating… I appreciate the designer’s taste… I think a lot of the design pieces were brought in from Bali (‘cause Indonesia is so close to Hawaii, eh?) – but it’s subtle and calming, and incorporates the outdoors. I can just imagine the architect’s design notes: “a seamless transition from the interior to the traditional lanai allows the cooling breeze and fresh Hawaiian air to permeate your surroundings and draw your attention towards the conjoined hot-tub and infinity pool and beyond to the pacific ocean…”

Yeah, it’s not so shabby here. I have my own (‘til Sandy arrives on Wednesday) little guest complex with a 2 shower bathroom… and I’m not talking a double-headed shower (though that would be a nice touch). No, I have two showers for myself - one indoor and the other one is outdoors in my own little, private walled garden ;-) and on the other side of my *complex* is my own, semi-private lanai, where I’m currently sitting, reading and emailing (wireless network, d’oh!). I remember the days where there was crappy cell reception and my blackberry didn’t work on the Big Island.

No comments: