Friday, January 02, 2009

2009 Goals

I don't want to make any New Year resolutions but I have a few goals for 2009, many of which relate to the triathlon racing season... since I already qualified for Hawaii with my *flukey* performance at Arizona, I feel confident and relaxed about training in 2009, although the *success* at Arizona prompts me to think I can achieve even more in 2009 so the goals will seem a little lofty ;) Of course, in true JC-style, the goals will come in the form of a Top Ten List!

10. Swim at least 10k every week (unless it's a work travel week)
9. Do the core program 2x/week
8. Run regularly at the track and include form drills
7. Run sub 1:40 at a half-ironman
6. Take rest and recovery seriously
5. Stop eating peanut butter chocolate malt balls (highly correlated with #1)
4. Cook more... even if it means finding people to cook for ;)
3. Manage my triathlon/travel budget
2. Run a 3:45 marathon at IMH
1. Maintain a race weight of 125lbs (will help with the run goals!)

No comments: