Wednesday, February 02, 2005

10 reasons a morning ride is so rewarding




1. I only need to wash my hair once a day (unless of course I'm running/swimming in the evening - life of a would-be triathlete)
2. I can make a date in the evening without compromising my training schedule
3. The thrill I get every time I ride across the Golden Gate bridge because it's a different color every time
4. The chance that the sunrise might be stunning, or at least pretty good
5. Prime-time wildlife viewing
6. Morning dew
7. No guilt when I scoff down my usual fruit, yoghurt as well as a toasted bagel plus a large chai latte for breakfast
8. Bragging rights at the office (after I've snuck in at 9:15am, hoping no-one noticed my tardiness)
9. Climbing off my bike at the front door, steaming and heroic. Fingers and toes are cold but the shower awaits...
10. Seeing myself as hardcore in other people's eyes
It's better than dragging your bum to the pool for a morning swim! ;-)

No comments: